I hope you all are as excited as I am to dive into this sewalong! Whether you are new to sewing with knits or you just like the motivation that comes from sewing as a group, this sewalong is going to be packed full of inspiration, encouragement, and step-by-step photographs to keep you on track. I have plenty of alteration guidance planned, too, just in case you need to make some adjustments to the pattern before we get going.
If you haven’t already, you can grab your copy of the Blackwood Cardigan here!
Check out these posts to get inspired and get the perfect fabric for our little sewalong.
You can also check out the #blackwoodcardigan on Instagram to see all the awesome versions so far! I have been so excited seeing them pop up and overjoyed to read the positive feedback so far. Thanks, ladies!
Week One – Pattern Prep
- Monday (today) – Sewalong Schedule
- Tuesday – Choosing the right size
- Thursday – Putting together your PDF pattern
- Friday – Grading between sizes
Week Two – Fitting Adjustments
- Monday – Full Bust Adjustment for knits option #1
- Tuesday – Full Bust Adjustment for knits option #2
- Thursday – Full Bicep Adjustment
- Friday – Narrow Shoulder Adjustment
- Saturday – Broad Shoulder Adjustment
Week Three – Sewing!
- Monday – Cutting out your fabric
- Tuesday – How to sew knit patch pockets
- Thursday – How to stabilize a knit shoulder seam
- Friday – How to sew in a sleeve flat
- Saturday – How to sew a knit cuff
- Sunday – How to topstitch a knit front band
Of course, you are always welcome to skip ahead if you are raring to go! I hope you find the tutorials I have planned helpful, and you can always reach me directly at email@example.com, or send me a direct message on Instagram @helens__closet with any issues you are having!
Tomorrow we’re going to be looking at the fit of the cardigan and how to choose the right size for your desired look. See you then!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get updates from Helen's Closet!